Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Left joins generate duplicate values issue

Hello,

I am trying to join two tables with a left join UNITS (left table) and TENANT(right table) tables. After the join I am extending the values I want to add in my table and they extend with no problem. The problem is that for some reason new rows are being added in my table and I receive an error message for duplicate ID (primary key) values as a result of the raws addition. Please see a screenshot of this message below.

index issue.PNG

Can you please support with this? 

Many thanks,

MariosChr90

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

The issue is that you are likely extending a column that then generates a duplicate row for 99. So, you can imagine how this might happen. When you join the tables, you are aggregating multiple rows from TENANTS for "99" to a single row. But, when you expand the aggregation, you end up with multiple rows of 99 and hence you are getting an issue with your relationship.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

The issue is that you are likely extending a column that then generates a duplicate row for 99. So, you can imagine how this might happen. When you join the tables, you are aggregating multiple rows from TENANTS for "99" to a single row. But, when you expand the aggregation, you end up with multiple rows of 99 and hence you are getting an issue with your relationship.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I see, I have resolved the issue. I just remove manually the one duplicate value of '99'.

Many thanks for the support!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.