Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Left Anti-Join not working correctly

I'm getting fairly proficent at PowerBI, but I do get stumped perodically. 

Here is the scenerio; I have two tables, one of all responders, and one is all responders who are currently assigned to a response. I am trying to build a table of all responders NOT assigned to a response. 

I tried using Merge Tables, and using Member Number and a Left-Anti Join to get just the list of responders who aren't on the "Currently Assigned" list. Which would seem to work, but then I can find names still on the merged list that are on the Currently Assigned List, and when I expand the merged columns, I find that they are all null, but when I look at the currenly assigned table, they are clearly filled in with information. 

I've tried comparing Member Number, and they are the same, and Merged by Name and still get the same result. I've even tried doing a full outer merge of the two tables and the Currently Assigned Table comes over will all "null" data. 

Why would the Currently Assigned table information not be tranferred over in the merge and filtered accordingly?

1 REPLY 1
v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Could you please share some sample file to have a test and post your desired result if possible?

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.