Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DeepDive_A
Regular Visitor

Ledger Opening Balance/+ - Transactions / Closing Balance - at all parent levels...

Hi Experts !!

Need help on below :

I have opening balance (not at first date every time) and Transactions at Ledger level and also there is parent hierarchy of Ledgers.  I want to show next day opening balance as same of closing balance of last day (if opening balance is null) and closing balance is also calculated = opening + transaction of same day. And I also want to show all the same functionality of each parent ( example first parent opening = sum of first opening of all the childs, & first parent transactions = sum of total transaction of all the childs, and first parent closing=  sum of first opening of all the childs + sum of total transaction of all the childs)

Q2.png

Q1.png

Sample Data file link below :

https://1drv.ms/x/s!Ahf9AEri3UL4gQMvJWUKfsKgyIeK?e=LBnaEa

4 REPLIES 4
DeepDive
Helper IV
Helper IV

Hi experts.. is there any solution for this using Power BI

Hi @DeepDive && @DeepDive_A,

Been looking at your data but not really getting the information you present on your image vs the one on the excel file.

Whne you refer to the 20K of account 76 were does that value comes from? I cannot see that the accounts 76 has  any opening balance.

can you please elaborate on the calculations?

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Hi @MFelix  thanks for your reply. Actually I truncated the data... In the image am showing the dummy values...  The Excel data is like sample data of my model in which am using the date table as well... 

DeepDive_A
Regular Visitor

Hi Experts.. pls support on this .. thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.