Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Leap Year Weekly

Hi,

I am trying to display weekly data since 2013, where each year's week begins on Jan 1.

So far, I have made this work for most years, but when it is leap year, it throws the counts of the weeks off and therefore throws all my weeks off.

The first screenshot below shows the weeks that I want to display in my visualization

Capture.PNG

In this second screenshot when I choose the year 2016, it shows that leap year has cause the weeks to shift, and therefore the visualization to shift...

Capture.PNG

Is there a work around for this issue?

Please let me know if this question is confusing

Thank you!
Sarah

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

I figured it out thank you

Sarah

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Tad17
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

I think you would greatly benefit from using the custom timeline slicer examplified here: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/visual-awesomeness-unlocked-the-timeline-slicer/

It has certainly made my life easier.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I figured it out thank you

Sarah

v-kelly-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Can you show me your sample data? I have tried in my desktop, but I didn’t find such an occasion as you mentioned.

What is shown here is normal even if there is a leap year between.

112.png

Best Regards,

Kelly

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi @v-kelly-msft ,

Sorry I am new to Power BI .. what do you mean by sample data?

In 2016, there exists a Febuary 29, but in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, and 2019 there isn't.. I also believe there is a Feb 29 in 2020 also... with this, it throws off the grouped weeks because of the extra day... I found a work around where I removed the date of Feb 29 all together, but this also deletes the data on this day.. 

Thank you!
Sarah

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors