Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Hennie7863
Frequent Visitor

Leadtime between time and certain conditions

Hi,

Question about calculating Leadtimes between certain moments in time with a condition. 

I've included an example  :

Leadtime.png

I have indicators that determines the start of a new phase per process. So I have to determine the time for phase 1 and phase 2. I can't assign the phase to certain processsteps because the end of phase and the start of the next phase is determined by the same processtep.

Hennie

3 REPLIES 3
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@Hennie7863

You can create two calculated columns. See more in the attached pbix file.

phase2 proceStepID =
MINX (
    FILTER (
        FILTER ( yourTable, EARLIER ( yourTable[ProcesID] ) = yourTable[ProcesID] ),
        yourTable[Phase2] = 1
    ),
    yourTable[ProcesStepID]
)
phases =
SWITCH (
    TRUE (),
    yourTable[ProcesStepID] <= yourTable[phase2 proceStepID], "phase1",
    "phase2"
)

Capture.PNG

Hi Eric,

Thank you for the proposed solution. Much appreciated. 

Although it 's in the right direction, It seems that the values for for procesID 3 and 4 are not correct. There are values for ProcesID 3 and 4 and those should be 0. 

If I expand the example with some more phases, the MINX-FILTER-FILTER DAX expression is only working for two phases, IMO. But in my reallife scenario I have multiple phases (to be exact 5 phases).

So I thought to create separate columns for calculation of time for phase1, phase2, phase3, etc, But that will give me a circular dependenc error

EndProcesStepID =
MINX (
FILTER (
FILTER ( FactProces, EARLIER ( FactProces[ProcesID] ) = FactProces[ProcesID] ),
FactProces[End] = 1
),
FactProces[ProcesStepID]
)

=
SWITCH (
TRUE (),
FactProces[ProcesStepID] <= FactProces[EndproceStepID], [SumTimeInSec]
)

A circular dependency was detected: 'FactProces'[CalculatedColumn1],'FactProces'[CalculatedColumn1],'FactProces'[Phase1],'FactProces'[Phase1],'FactProces'[CalculatedColumn1].

Multiple phases.png

Thanks again.

Hennie

ps. Maybe i can avoid the cirular dependency error by determing the processteps in my SQL query...

Hi Eric,

Thank you for the proposed solution. Much appreciated. 

Although it 's in the right direction, It seems that the values for for procesID 3 and 4 are not correct. There are values for ProcesID 3 and 4 and those should be 0. 

Thanks again.

Hennie

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.