Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

aaron1225
Helper I
Helper I

Lead Funnel Modeling

Hello PBI Community - 

I am a bit of a newbie to PBI and looking at it for a solution to modeling a lead funnel.  My data consists of a series of lead stage changes stamped with dates.  Basically I want to know a count of how many leads were created, qualified, won, etc. MTD, QTD, YTD.  We use standard funnel stages from SFDC 

Lead Created

Marketing Qualified (MQL)

Sales Accepted (SAL)

Sales Qualified (SQL)

Won/Lost

Additonally I would like to filter leads that were produced from marketing activity such as lead source = email, paid search, incoming calls, orgainic vs. those creaded from sales lead source = cold calls.  

So far I have created a data model consiting of a dimDate, Sales Force Lead data (as shown in the example screenshot), and a lead ID table, but because of the time intellegence and multiple date relationships and filters can't seem to get it to work. Any tips on setting up my model, dax functions,etc would be appreciated.  

Capture.JPGCapture1.JPG

1 REPLY 1
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

OK, so it looks like you have multiple dates in your LeadFactTable that you are relating to your DateTable. This is a pretty common thing. One way to get around this issue is to use the USERELATIONSHIP function found here:

https://support.office.com/en-US/article/USERELATIONSHIP-Function-DAX-df723b4c-5bf4-4f47-bdd2-786877...

Another method is to use multiple Date tables, one for each date. I have had some success in then linking all of these data tables to yet ANOTHER date table and then using that final date table in visualizations. That gets really messy and confusing the more dates you have. You can just use the multiple date tables (without the "final" date table), but you will have to pay attention to which date table you are using in your visuals. Carefully name your date tables and the "Date" column differently to avoid gnashing of teeth.

Have a look here for building a similar type of thing with Microsoft CRM, it will give you some formulas that you might find useful.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/building-ultimate-microsoft-crm-dashboard-under-hour-greg-deckler?trk...

Also, I recommend DAX Patterns for your MTD, YTD type of stuff.

http://www.daxpatterns.com

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.