Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SriGaG1
Helper II
Helper II

Layering the Bookmarks in sae shet to hide the visuals and slicers

Hello team,

I have ceated a slicer panel and tme intelligence function in PBI. I need to over lap three charts and i need to dissapear others while selecting a particular visual. 

SriGaG1_0-1662755485810.png

in the aove, I have created three sparate charts.overlapped them. and using this book mark icon to hide the sheets.  You can find the ink to the workbook

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hyku3Rc7sibSqBwO2KWZavR1bVLoWPU7/view?usp=sharing

The issue is, when I apply a bookmark, it is applied to the entire page. When ever the filter secion is changed, the slicer is reverting all the values to the first state.  Refer the aelow

SriGaG1_2-1662756752849.png 

SriGaG1_3-1662756970625.png

Like in the picture lets say we need to see the data for a range. So when we cclick on range button there, the visuals get changed likewise in the visualizaion.  How to fix that issue? I have attached the pbix file 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @SriGaG1 

In your Group1, you have 3 visuals, you will have 1 visible, other 2 invisible - select it to Update your Tech, Office, fur bookmark respectively, the same - select your Group2 to update MTD, Range bookmark respectively.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
SriGaG1
Helper II
Helper II

Hello.. Can somebody help me to find this issue? 

Big help... Please

Vera_33
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @SriGaG1 

You should use Selected visuals instead of All visuals, and Data should not be selected. I made the changes in file attached, but a little suggestion on the buttons, the buttons are not set with color changes on hover/selected, so end users are not aware what is selected, instead of doing all buttons, try Bookmark navigator

Thank you very much. This is what I wanted. Before closing off this matter, I want to sort out one thing.  I have tried to initiate this from my level. First I did was deleting all the bookmarks in my sheet. Then grouped the layouts from selection tab like wise you did and created a single book mark while hiding the required sheets. And i have unchecked data and clicked selected visuals. Like wise created all the 5 bookmarks,

After that I have assigned them in to buttons and it is not working. So when I select the each bookmark, All book marks are having the same hidden visuals. (As an example, when selected tch, furniture and office neeed to be hidden. But after turning off the data and selecting selected visuals, seems like the applied categories are not working.) How to sort that out?  Can you tell me pls? 

Check the below two visuals. 

SriGaG1_0-1662798862578.png

SriGaG1_1-1662798902460.png

@Vera_33 

Hi @SriGaG1 

In your Group1, you have 3 visuals, you will have 1 visible, other 2 invisible - select it to Update your Tech, Office, fur bookmark respectively, the same - select your Group2 to update MTD, Range bookmark respectively.

@Vera_33 

thank you. I didnt noticed the message. Thanks for the reply. Thats how I did. I did the same thing but after i Switched off this data and all sheets section in bookmarks, all the five bookmars will only get selected i mean applied the same hidden fields likewise in the first bookmark. I cannot change it. 

Image 1

SriGaG1_0-1662989578048.png

Image 2 

SriGaG1_1-1662989593876.png

Please see the above two visuals. The hidden and shown fields are same when i turned off data and switched in to seleced visuals. Thats why.. 

@Vera_33 

@Vera_33 

thank you for the support. figured out the issue

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.