Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Caz_16
Helper II
Helper II

Latitude/Longitude Data - Filtering Issue

I'm having trouble with filters removing a point that I want to constantly show on a Bing map visual in my data. 

Essentially, I have Sections of roads, consisting of a Start and End point with Lats and Longs associated with each start and end. I want to be able to filter by section, while having the "static point" remain visible on the map. I'm aware that I can select both the Static Point section and the Named Section by holding down control and selecting both in the slicer, but to be honest that's cumbersome and there has to be a way to work around this. 

Take a look at the sample attached. I want the Yellow points to remain on the maps at all times while the blue/red points change based on the selection on the slicer.

Thanks!

Link to Google Drive Folder

Sample Data Viz

2 REPLIES 2
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @Caz_16 

I would suggest you go Format->Selection control, disable Multi-select with CTRL

4.JPG

Then keep "Static Point" is selected.

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-lili6-msft 

I am aware that that is an option when filtering the data. I apologize if that was not clear in my first post so let me rephrase. 

I do not want to have to use the multi-select to show both the Section, and the Static Point. I would like to have the Static Point remain on the map always and not have to use the multi-select. 

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.