Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

samuelr2019
Frequent Visitor

Latest telephone call

Hi, I have a telephone call data table with numerous fields including:

CallDateAndTime

CallFrom

CallTo

TelNo

I have been using this table in Power BI for over 12 months and the information it provides has been fantastic. However, we've had a requirement whereby I need to report on the LATEST call only.

For example, if an employee has called X telephone number 4 times today - only show the date/time of the latest call.

I have tried using MAX and SUMMARIZE but can't get it to work. I need the output table to show all of the same fields we have at the moment but only display the latest telephone call.

If anyone can help me with this request that would be amazing.

Thanks in advance!

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you need to retain the data from the calls that are not latest? 

If not, what you could do is make a new column in query editor that is a combination of CallDateAndTime & Call From & Call To. Then sort decending by CallDateAndTime and remove duplicates in the combination column.

This should give you the latest call from a specific number to a specific number on a specific date.

Please post some sample data so I can better understand what you are looking for if this does not solve it.

Thanks adityakommu & nickhamilton,

I have put together a screenshot of some fictional numbers/sample data below:

1.JPG

In the above sample, I have included several different numbers - some with multiple calls associated with them.

Ideally I would like my Power BI data/report to show the following:

2.JPG

I hope this helps!

Anonymous
Not applicable

As long as your dates are sorted so that the most recent is as the top, simply removing duplicates will give you the desired output.w dup.PNGwo dup.PNG

Thanks Nick, I did think of that but Power BI doesn't support the remove duplicates functionality with DirectQuery & it would change to Import which wouldn't work for us as it's a dashboard/report fed by a SQL table and is updated automatically throughout the day.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you have any more time figures? Does it go down into "seconds" level?

It doesn't in that specific SQL view, in Power BI I've used a calculation to translate it into HH:MM:SS

Anonymous
Not applicable

Please post few rows of data with expected output

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.