Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

JorgeK
Regular Visitor

Latest refresh date on scheduled dataset

Hi guys,

I currently have a dataset with a scheduled refresh four times a day.

On the report, I have created a "Last Refresh Date" table that displays the most recent refreshed date and time.

But somehow, the date on the report is not refreshed accordingly to the refresh of the dataset.

I have published the report on the 22nd of September, and the date stamp is on the 25th of September, which means it has updated at least once. I have refreshed the dataset again manually, yet the date hasn't changed, although the data has been updated.

Any solution on this one?

Thanks in advance

/********************************************************************************************************************************/

To update on this note,

It seems like when I update the dataset, it's feeding a previous date with a inaccurate time to the visual....

Why is it doing that?

= DateTime.Time(DateTime.LocalNow()) & DateTime.Date(DateTime.LocalNow())

This is the code that I have.

5 REPLIES 5
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @JorgeK,

According to your description above, I have tested it on my environment. And I can show the correct latest refresh date time on the report with the same solution. 

r2.PNGr3.PNG

Have checked the refresh history to see if every refresh was successful?

In addition, also make sure you're using the latest version of Gateway. Smiley Happy

Regards

Hi @v-ljerr-msft,

I have checked again just now, but it still isn't showing the right data.

Last refresh date.PNGLast refresh date 2.PNG

It seems like my Refresh_Date table in the dataset is showing 9/27/2017 8:05:43 PM, not 9/28/2017, 9:07:42 AM.

Hi @JorgeK,

A little weird. Is it possible for you to share a sample pbix file which can reproduce the issue, so that I can help further investigate on it? You can upload it to OneDrive or Dropbox and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading. Smiley Happy

Regards

Has there been a solution to the issue?

I have the same, last refersh shows only the time of scheduled refresh, however, when I refresh the data set manually in power bi service, it is not reflected in "last refresh" table

thanks!

JorgeK
Regular Visitor

Hi guys,

I currently have a dataset with a scheduled refresh four times a day.

On the report, I have created a "Last Refresh Date" table that displays the most recent refreshed date and time.

But somehow, the date on the report is not refreshed accordingly to the refresh of the dataset.

I have published the report on the 22nd of September, and the date stamp is on the 25th of September, which means it has updated at least once. I have refreshed the dataset again manually, yet the date hasn't changed, although the data has been updated.

Any solution on this one?

Thanks in advance

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.