Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jsimon
Regular Visitor

Latest date in dataset not displaying on reports

Please forgive the newbie; hoping for a SIMPLE explanation...  I am having 'sudden' issues with my dashboard.  It seems that no matter what dataset I bring in, the displays are suddenly dropping the latest date.  For example, if the dataset contains data out to 5/3/2037, every records before this date is displayed, but having this date is being dropped.  This is consistent regardless of when the last date is, or how many records have this date...  they're all being dropped.  I was able further prove this out by simply adding a record with a date one month later, that was, as expected, dropped, while the one previously being dropped, was now included1.  Of course my first thought was the Page and/or Report filters (no Visual filters set), but for one thing, those do not have date parameters, only if not blank, which they're not.  The missing record(s) are included in the data query behind each page/pbix, just not displayed on the screen...  And it seems this JUST started happening after an update I did to my desktop (Version: 2.49.4831.521 64-bit (August, 2017)).  Is there some kind of built-in EOF I'm not aware of?  Perhaps having just a < and not <= ??  not too sure...  Another clue, when I publish the pbix (one taking a few mins to refresh) the correct amount is displayed while its refreshing, then is removed after that... (please see attached photo)  Many thanks in advance for any guidance or assistance on solving this!     2017-08-22 14_29_31-FW_ Dashboard issue - Message (HTML).png

6 REPLIES 6
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jsimon,

If you can please provide a sample pbix file to test, it is hard to reproduce your issue without any sample data.(not need the real data, you can split part of your records or create a fake table with similar table  structure)

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

What filters do you have on the report?  Could you have set some sort of flag or filter that the newer dates fall foul of?

Hi,  Thanks for your response...  That's what I originally thought, but after rolling my PBI back to Version: 2.46.4732.721 64-bit (May, 2017) (same data and no adjustments to filters) my numbers are fine...??...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Strange!  I've been updating to new versions each month and not running into any problems like that.

Are you running 32bit or 64bit version?

EDIT: Dur, 64-bit is written clearly in your message.  I don't know what else to suggest.

64...  I know, right...?  odd... 

jsimon
Regular Visitor

Please forgive the newbie; hoping for a SIMPLE explanation...  I am having 'sudden' issues with my dashboard.  It seems that no matter what dataset I bring in, the displays are suddenly dropping the latest date.  For example, if the dataset contains data out to 5/3/2037, every records before this date is displayed, but having this date is being dropped.  This is consistent regardless of when the last date is, or how many records have this date...  they're all being dropped.  I was able further prove this out by simply adding a record with a date one month later, that was, as expected, dropped, while the one previously being dropped, was now included1.  Of course my first thought was the Page and/or Report filters (no Visual filters set), but for one thing, those do not have date parameters, only if not blank, which they're not.  The missing record(s) are included in the data query behind each page/pbix, just not displayed on the screen...  And it seems this JUST started happening after an update I did to my desktop (Version: 2.49.4831.521 64-bit (August, 2017)).  Is there some kind of built-in EOF I'm not aware of?  Perhaps having just a < and not <= ??  not too sure...  Another clue, when I publish the pbix (one taking a few mins to refresh) the correct amount is displayed while its refreshing, then is removed after that... (please see attached photo)  Many thanks in advance for any guidance or assistance on solving this!       2017-08-22 14_29_31-FW_ Dashboard issue - Message (HTML).png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors