Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Vishwanathraoyl
Frequent Visitor

Latest Distinct Count of one column if another column 1 and to not count when the column value is 0

So, I have a problem.

There are about 20 KPIs I'm trying to build based on surveys where I need to have a unique count of outlet-id's if the survey response is 1. The caveat is that I need to capture the latest value only and if the latest value is 0 even if the previous value is 1, The outlet needs to be skipped in the count.

Is there a way to do this?

I'm currently using this dax measure:

KPI1= CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(MasterTable_Core[OutletID]),MasterTable_Core[Date],
FILTER (
CALCULATETABLE (
SUMMARIZE (
'MasterTable_Core',
'MasterTable_Core'[OutletID],
'MasterTable_Core'[Date],
"IsLatest", IF (
'MasterTable_Core'[Date]
= CALCULATE (
LASTDATE('MasterTable_Core'[Date]),
ALLEXCEPT ( 'MasterTable_Core', 'MasterTable_Core'[outletid],MasterTable_Core[OutletName],MasterTable_Core[FiscalMonth] )
),
)
),
MasterTable_Core[KPI1] = 1
),
[IsLatest] = 1
)
)

2 REPLIES 2
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Vishwanathraoyl,

You may use RANKX Function to add a calculated column first.

http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Was-this-the-last-payroll-transaction-this-month/m-p/309301#...

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-chuncz-msft Thank you for the reply!, But that works in the same way my code does.

The problem I'm facing is a bit odd. 

Below is an example: I have 12 outlets, visited by a sales rep for 7 days and they take the same survey in the outlets each time.

I should take only the latest record, whether it is a zero or a one and then take a sum of that to find the KPI Value.

What all the DAX queries are doing is essentially taking the last non zero value or taking a sum at outlet level and giving that as one. Any ideas on how I could handle this?

Survey Issue.JPG

Thanks for taking the time!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.