cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dinovic
Frequent Visitor

Lastdate current month. Compare revenue to corresponding date last month.

I have a measure of Revenue for the current month. The revenue is cumulative, hence the last day revenue is my MTD calculation.

In order to be able to perform month to month comparison I would need to find the corresponding "last date" from previous month. I.e. if the lastday measure below return 11th of April, I would like the previous month measure to return 11th of March. Tried with parrarelperiod function but without any results. 

All help appreciated,

thanks.

lastday = LASTDATE('sales'[dateCreated])

Revenue Current Month = CALCULATE(SUM('sales'[revenue]) , DATESBETWEEN('sales'[dateCreated].[Date],[lastday],[lastday]))

Revenue Previous Month = ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: Lastdate current month. Compare revenue to corresponding date last month.

Hi @dinovic,

According to your description above, you should be able to use Could you try the formula below to see if it works in your scenario?

Revenue Previous Month =
CALCULATE (
    [Revenue Current Month],
    DATEADD ( 'sales'[dateCreated], -1, MONTH )
)

In addition, based on my understanding, the DATEBETWEEN function is not necessary here in your [Revenue Current Month] measure, the formula below should also works. Smiley Happy

Revenue Current Month = CALCULATE ( SUM ( 'sales'[revenue] ), 'sales'[dateCreated] = [lastday] )

Regards

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: Lastdate current month. Compare revenue to corresponding date last month.

Hi @dinovic,

According to your description above, you should be able to use Could you try the formula below to see if it works in your scenario?

Revenue Previous Month =
CALCULATE (
    [Revenue Current Month],
    DATEADD ( 'sales'[dateCreated], -1, MONTH )
)

In addition, based on my understanding, the DATEBETWEEN function is not necessary here in your [Revenue Current Month] measure, the formula below should also works. Smiley Happy

Revenue Current Month = CALCULATE ( SUM ( 'sales'[revenue] ), 'sales'[dateCreated] = [lastday] )

Regards

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Announcing the New Spanish Forum

Announcing the New Spanish Forum

Do you need help in Spanish? Check out our new Spanish community section.

MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

‘Better Together’ Integration Forum Launch

‘Better Together’ Integration Forum Launch

We've launched a how-to forum where you can learn about how Power BI integrates with other Power Platform products.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors