Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

LastDate minus 1

I need a filter for (Last Business Day).  We are open Monday through Friday and have hundreds of transaction each day.  One of my sales tabs is "Today's Sales".  I use the "LastDate" formula to display all the sales happening on today's date.

I also need a tab titled "Last Business Day Sales".  This way anyone can see what happen the prior business day before those sales get lumped into the "MTD Sales" tab

Can I edit the formula below to use the second to last date?  I've tried -1 about everywhere in this formula and it doesn't seem to work.

Today's Sales = CALCULATE([Total Sales],LASTDATE(SALES[Ship Date]))

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Usates,

If you have a date table the you should use the DAX function DateAdd

or the workaround could be

YesterDay Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[SalesValue]);DATESBETWEEN(Sales[ShipDate];LASTDATE(SALES[ShipDate])-1;LASTDATE(SALES[ShipDate])-1))

br

Erik

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi Usates,

If you have a date table the you should use the DAX function DateAdd

or the workaround could be

YesterDay Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[SalesValue]);DATESBETWEEN(Sales[ShipDate];LASTDATE(SALES[ShipDate])-1;LASTDATE(SALES[ShipDate])-1))

br

Erik

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a date table and I'd love to use it but I can't fix the holiday and weekend issue.  On Monday's, I need to display Friday's sales on the "Last Business Day" tab and on July 5th(Tuesday this year), I needed to display Friday's sales on the "Last Business Day" tab since July 4th was on a Monday.  

Does anyone know of a way to incorporate holidays in a date table?

Thanks for your help on this.

Hi

You should consider adding a column in your date table that for each of your dates then states the Last Business day

The formula fails because you shouldnt use sum() around your measure [Total Sales]

And yes I use semicolons as separator 🙂

br

Erik

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors