Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MarcF
Frequent Visitor

Last 'x' weeks with custom week format

Hi,

I need a boolean calculatation field to filter out the last 6 weeks of my date in oder to make a yoy comparison. However, I have a bespoke week format based on the week starting on Monday (ie: Weeknum(Date, 21)). I am struggling to filter last 'x' weeks as the weeks run from 1 to 52. The DATEDIFF function based on the standard 'WEEK' interval does not do the trick due to the different week format that I use.

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5
BetterCallFrank
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

How about

Last6Weeks =
  IF( WEEKNUM(TODAY(), 21) - Weeknum(Date, 21) <= 6,
      TRUE,
      FALSE
  )

Unfortunately this does not work as Weeknum is treated as a number and not date. So for example, Week 2 will always be seen as inferior to week 52 by a 50 margin etc.

well, of course such cases need to be considered if you do time intelligence manually - but it can be achieved easily, e.g.

Last6Weeks =
VAR WkToday = WEEKNUM( TODAY(), 21 )
VAR WkDate = WEEKNUM( Date[Date], 21 )
VAR SameYear = YEAR(TODAY()) = YEAR(Date[Date])
RETURN
IF(
SameYear,
WkToday - WkDate <= 6,
WkToday + 52 - WkDate <= 6
)

probably not the most elegant approach, but just to give you an idea.

HTH,

Frank

Thanks that's a first working solution. However, I now have to find a way to rank the weeks on my bar chart from newest first (ie: 2,52,51 etc.). Would you have any idea on how to achieve that given that I need to compare weeks year-on-year? I was hoping there would be a way to get DAX intelligence time to work on custom weeks.

@MarcF

In DAX, there's no function for week level time intelligence, you have to custom your week based calendar, then build the week baesd time intelligence logic manually as @BetterCallFrank suggested. 

Please refer to link below:

Week-Based Time Intelligence in DAX

Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.