Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rostromarre
Frequent Visitor

Last value for ach day in a chart.

Hi all,

I have a table with multiples entries the same day (the only difference is the time HH:mm/ss) and i need to graph the last value from each day given a period of time

I have this:

1.PNG

And i need to make a visual that shows the last value (based on the champ date/time ) of each row given a period of time through a filter. Something like this:

Filter Date from 01/08/2018 to 05/08/2018

table : Indicateurs

2.PNG

I am new with POwer BI, so any isdeas i really apprrecite

I've been trying with a Messure that identify the last value for each row but this is not working

Measure =
VAR LatestDate =
    CALCULATE ( MAX ( 'Indicateurs'[Date]); ALL ( 'Indicateurs' ) )
RETURN
    IF ( MIN ( 'Indicateurs'[Date]) = LatestDate;1,0)

Thanks in advance!!!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi, @rostromarre is this based on a sql query?

If it is you could  add a new column to the query to give you the last row for an Id Contrentrateur on any particular day.

If it is SQL you could add in the edit quereis and edit source;

ROWNUMBER() OVER (PARTITION BY [Id Concentrateur],CONVERT(DATE,[Date]) ORDER BY [Date] DESC) AS LatestRow

This be 1 for all the rows you need so you could filter on this field being 1.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Is your Date a real Date/Time column? If so, something like this should work. I expect your issue was how you were using ALL:

Measure =
VAR __id = MAX([Id Concentrateur])
VAR LatestDate =
    MAXX(FILTER(ALL('Indicateurs'),[Id Concentrateur]=__id), 'Indicateurs'[Date])
RETURN
    IF ( MIN ( 'Indicateurs'[Date]) = LatestDate;1,0)

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

thanks Greg.

Your idea is not working (I still don"t know how to fix it) but I think the mistake is with the Var __id, this varibale is picking up only the MAX value of th whole column Id Concentrateur, and actually it should take all the "id Concentratureur"  I have within the period of time chosen (certainly more than one).

I trying to work from your idea, any help i really ppreciate!! thanks in advance

Hi, @rostromarre is this based on a sql query?

If it is you could  add a new column to the query to give you the last row for an Id Contrentrateur on any particular day.

If it is SQL you could add in the edit quereis and edit source;

ROWNUMBER() OVER (PARTITION BY [Id Concentrateur],CONVERT(DATE,[Date]) ORDER BY [Date] DESC) AS LatestRow

This be 1 for all the rows you need so you could filter on this field being 1.

thanks @gooranga1

I did what you proposed and edited the source. I added the column in the extract query and after I manipulated the chart using the "latestROw" as a filter.

I really wanted to find a solution direclty in Power BI 😞 , but this is working quite good.. thanks a lot

Or you could try RankX?

I create a DateOnly column based on your screenshot like;

DateOnly = DATE(YEAR(Table12[Date]),month(Table12[Date]),day(Table12[Date]))

Then used that in  a Rankx column.

Rank = rankx(filter(Table12,Table12[DateOnly] = EARLIER(Table12[Dateonly])),'Table12'[Date],,,dense)

Rankx.PNG

Not sure if that is what you are after though.

Hello @Greg_Deckler

I was cheking and actually your idea is working but only if I use "Date" as a filter, if I add "id concentrateur" as part if the filter, the formula doesn't work. 

How could I fix this problem?  i have to apply multiples filters in the rapport, not only date..

thabks in advance.

Hello @Greg_Deckler

Thanks for your reply. Yes, my Date is a real date/time column.

I used your formule, but i have the same result :(, it's picking all results for the measure =0,  and  nothing when measure =1

Any ideas of this behavior?

thanks in advance.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.