Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dojobrady
Frequent Visitor

Last sale price

I have a dataset with unit level e-commerce sales. In a table I'm trying to display the last sale price for each unique title separated by marketplace.

I first created a measure called "last sold date", which takes the lastnonblank of order closed date and displays it. It works fine. As a note, order closed date has a date and a timestamp. So it is super specific and should have no duplicates.

I then tried to create a measure for last sale price, which was basically calculate(average(sale price),last sold date = order closed date.

It won't take that measure because it can't have true/false equations in calculate formula.

I then created a column and it says if(order closed date=last sold date,sale price, blank())

However it is not displaying the correct value and there are no blanks. It's very confusing.

Basically the data is structured as such (simplified). UnitID is unique to the unit, but title could be duplicated if more than one of the same type of product sold. I pulled sales for past three months.

Title UnitID. Sale price. Marketplace.
Order closed date
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi dojobrady,

You can try a direct filter on the Max closed date, e.g.:
CALCULATE(
 AVERAGE( tablename[Sale Price] )
,FILTER( tablename, tablename[order closed date] = MAX( tablename[order closed date] )
)

This will then filter your table on the last order closed date in your current filter context, allowing you to select any date or range of dates from this table and the get the average sale price for the last date in that selection, per whatever other field(s) you use to slice this data.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Please refer if this example can help 

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Need-a-column-to-show-latest-transacted-price-for-each-prod...

Appreciate your Kudos. In case, this is the solution you are looking for, mark it as the Solution. In case it does not help, please provide additional information and mark me with @
Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi dojobrady,

You can try a direct filter on the Max closed date, e.g.:
CALCULATE(
 AVERAGE( tablename[Sale Price] )
,FILTER( tablename, tablename[order closed date] = MAX( tablename[order closed date] )
)

This will then filter your table on the last order closed date in your current filter context, allowing you to select any date or range of dates from this table and the get the average sale price for the last date in that selection, per whatever other field(s) you use to slice this data.

Fixed! So, for me to learn:

Calculate can't do true false equations, but if you do calculate, you can add that filter formula to it to make it do the same thing?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.