Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

paweldm
Helper II
Helper II

Last invoice amount

HI,

Problem: How can I  calculate last invoice amount?

Simplified Model: 

Customer Table with the following column:

CustomerID  (Thera are only unique customers' id)

Sales Table with the following columns:

CustomerID | InvoiceNo | ProductName | ProductPrice | ProductQuantity| InvoiceAmount | InvoiceDate

Customer Tabel is conected to Sales Table with 1-to-many relations.

Measure:

#LastOrderDate = LASTDATE(Sales[Date])

My tabel report has the following columns:

Customer[CustomerID] | #LastOrderDate |

I would like to add 1 more measure to the table report  to calculate LastOrderValue.

Thx for support!

Paweł 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
SqlJason
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

What you want is an application of what we call "Last Non Empty" order. There are 4 types of Last Non Empty patterns, and if you want to dive deep into it, I would recommend you to one of my old blogs -

http://sqljason.com/2012/06/lastnonempty-in-tabular-mode-part-1.html

If you just want the solution, my understanding is that you want the last non empty order for all customers on that date.

Sales_LNE :=
CALCULATE ( SUM ( Sales[Sales] ), LASTDATE ( Sales[Date] ) )

This is the first pattern from my blog (and you can also use a filter() instead of the lastdate()). If the last date is different for every customer (which means, if you dont get orders for all customers on each date), you might want to use the second pattern with SUMX.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SqlJason
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

What you want is an application of what we call "Last Non Empty" order. There are 4 types of Last Non Empty patterns, and if you want to dive deep into it, I would recommend you to one of my old blogs -

http://sqljason.com/2012/06/lastnonempty-in-tabular-mode-part-1.html

If you just want the solution, my understanding is that you want the last non empty order for all customers on that date.

Sales_LNE :=
CALCULATE ( SUM ( Sales[Sales] ), LASTDATE ( Sales[Date] ) )

This is the first pattern from my blog (and you can also use a filter() instead of the lastdate()). If the last date is different for every customer (which means, if you dont get orders for all customers on each date), you might want to use the second pattern with SUMX.

Thank you. The second pattern with SUMX is what I need.
I tried to expolore the LastEverNonEmpty measure for each customer as well but I am not sure if I can apply it to my case.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.