Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Last Year label issue for Last Year value

Hi All,

I have a very unique requirement from one of my client, we have Last Year Mailed Qty Measure which calculate for last Year, the problem arises when I use this last year within the X-AXis in the attached screen shot it not grouping the last year with the current year labels.

Client want to all the Year & Month in the selected Year slicer, for an Example we need to combine April 2017 to April 2018 dynamically with different year selection, any Help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Issue.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

>>the problem arises when I use this last year within the X-AXis in the attached screen shot it not grouping the last year with the current year labels.

1.Would you like to the X axis will only show data of year 2018 and yaer 2019 when you choose 2019 in the Year slicer visual?

2.Is there a relationship between the Year of Slicer visual and the table that contains the Last Year Mailed Qty Measure?

3.what is the Last Year Mailed Qty Measure look like? And what is it used to calculate?

I am not sure what desired result would you want, could you please share your sample data or desired output screenshots for further analysis? You can also upload sample pbix to OneDrive and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading.

Best Regards,

Amy

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Amy,

1.Would you like to the X axis will only show data of year 2018 and yaer 2019 when you choose 2019 in the Year slicer visual?

I would like to show the show the last year in the X axis but as I am using the Fiscal Year i get 2018 last year as labels so when i add year in the axis it's not grouping, I need a way if I can group the last with the year selected in slicer.

2.Is there a relationship between the Year of Slicer visual and the table that contains the Last Year Mailed Qty Measure?

No realtionship between the year slicer and the data is coming from the one single table.

3.what is the Last Year Mailed Qty Measure look like? And what is it used to calculate?

Please see the below screenshot for the same. 

CALCULATE(SUM([CONTACT_COUNT]),PARALLELPERIOD([Fin Year Date].[Date], -12, MONTH))

I am not sure what desired result would you want, could you please share your sample data or desired output screenshots for further analysis? You can also upload sample pbix to OneDrive and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading. (It's client confidential i can share only the screenshot for now let me see if I can share the sample Pbi file)

issues.PNG

Thanks

Suhel

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.