Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Floriankx
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Last Year / Sameperiodlastyear with year column

Hello together,

I have a table which contains a year column, no date.

I know I can transfer each year to January 1st as date. But then the list is still not contigous date columns as required by the formulas.

Do you know any other possibility to create the Reporting Value of 2014 if 2015 is filtered?

Actually it is Report_Value:=Sum([Values])
But Report_Value_LastYear ist quite more difficult.

If tried something like this CALCULATE([Report_Value];FILTER(KoA;KoA[Jahr]=[Max Jahr]-1)) but it did not work.

Maybe you have an idea.

Best regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
waltheed
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

The recommmended approach is to create a date dimension table and use that for time intelligence functions. But I figured this out:

Create a calculated column and add this formula:
Value Prev Year = CALCULATE(Sum(Table1[Value]), filter(Table1, Table1[Year]+1 = earlier(Table1[Year])))

Capture.PNG

Does that work for you?

Cheers, Edgar Walther
ITsmart BI and Analytics consultant

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
waltheed
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

The recommmended approach is to create a date dimension table and use that for time intelligence functions. But I figured this out:

Create a calculated column and add this formula:
Value Prev Year = CALCULATE(Sum(Table1[Value]), filter(Table1, Table1[Year]+1 = earlier(Table1[Year])))

Capture.PNG

Does that work for you?

Cheers, Edgar Walther
ITsmart BI and Analytics consultant

Hello,

yes it worked,

I couldn't figure out how to do it with earlier. I had to add a second filter with EARLIER because I have several rows per year.

But now it works. I just have to make sure there is a value for each value and year so I had to erase my '<>0' filter out of my query.

Best regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.