Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Last Week vs This Week and Last Month vs This Month

Hi,

I have this date tab which is connected to an incident table.

This is what Im expecting.

Week :- (Monday 00:00:00 to Sunday 23:59:59)

This Week :- Create a graph which will show be count of incidents based on created date

Last Week :- Create a graph which will show be count of incidents based on created date

This Week :- Create a graph which will show be count of incidents based on resolved date

Last Week :- Create a graph which will show be count of incidents based on resolved date

Month :-

This Month:- Create a graph which will show be count of incidents based on created date

Last Month :- Create a graph which will show be count of incidents based on created date

This Month:- Create a graph which will show be count of incidents based on resolved date

Last Month :- Create a graph which will show be count of incidents based on resolved date

Active Link is between Date in Date table to Resolve date Only in Incident Table

Inactive Link is between Date in Date table to Created date Only in Incident Table

djmenon21_0-1630523102520.png

Please can someone help here

Not sure how do I present this in a graph. 

3 REPLIES 3
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous You can use USERELATIONSHIP in your measures. 

Also, these might be useful: 
Take a look at these two Quick Measures as I think you want something like them.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Quick-Measures-Gallery/Open-Tickets/m-p/409364
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Quick-Measures-Gallery/Periodic-Billing/m-p/409365

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also to add on to the Thread.

Below is the screenshot of the Incident Table which I import into PowerBi using Import mode.

When I use the below filters and selected Created Date as This Week it takes from 30-08-2021 00:00:00 PST (Monday) to 5th September 23:59:59 (Sunday). So when I run it the count shows 69 and according to my Measure based on Created Date itself it says 77 and now when im checking its 80. Not sure whats the issue. Im sure there is some issue with the measure

snow.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

The first link makes sense. Thanks a ton Greg

1. I have created the measure for Open tickets but how do I showcase only the open tickets for This Week (Monday to Sunday as mentioned above) and Last Week. So the This Week and Last Week should be like a Slicer checkbox so it will show for that week open tickets.

Can you share examples how to use relationships based on the model I have above?

This analysis I have been searching for on the Community since ages though there is a plethora of information never have come across any content that will kind help me show a simple count of tickets based on This Week, Last Week and This Month and Last Month and Tickets open and closed as on Today. I feel if I get this my other analysis would be sorted for sure.

Also below is the screenshot of the measure I have created but how do I know if its based on Created Date or Resolved Date based on my connection Above?

djmenon21_1-1630565412515.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.