Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

irnm8dn
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Last Refresh of Data

For months I have been successfully using the following DAX statement to ashow a Last Refresh Date/Time on my dashboards.  This was working with successfully, however since scheduling refrsesh using a personal gateway it seems to be in a less preferred timezone.  (For those of you wondering, I have the refresh set to Eastern which is preferred but seems tro be showing UTC on the dashboard.)

= DateTime.Time(DateTime.LocalNow()) & DateTime.Date(DateTime.LocalNow())

Looking for suggestions that will allow me to show Eastern Standard Date/Time when refreshed.

Thanks for the help!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Not to be picky, but that's Power Query "M" language, not DAX. You should be able to use:

DateTime.Time(DateTime.LocalNow()) + #duration(0, -5, 0, 0)

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

View solution in original post

Hi @irnm8dn,

There is a known gap for the time zone displayed in Power BI Service. The time zone in the service is effectively always set to UTC.

There is a workaround to display time in your current time zone. You can use following power query in the Query Editor if your time zone is 5 hours behind Coordinated Universal Time (UTC−05:00). Smiley Happy

= DateTime.Time(DateTimeZone.SwitchZone( DateTimeZone.FixedLocalNow(), -5 )) & DateTime.Date(DateTimeZone.SwitchZone( DateTimeZone.FixedLocalNow(), -5 ))

Regards

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Not to be picky, but that's Power Query "M" language, not DAX. You should be able to use:

DateTime.Time(DateTime.LocalNow()) + #duration(0, -5, 0, 0)

Latest book!:

Thanks for the clarification.

Below is a representation of the output.  I was expectiing 7/13/2017 3:52:50 PM

Capture.PNG

Thoughts?

Hi @irnm8dn,

There is a known gap for the time zone displayed in Power BI Service. The time zone in the service is effectively always set to UTC.

There is a workaround to display time in your current time zone. You can use following power query in the Query Editor if your time zone is 5 hours behind Coordinated Universal Time (UTC−05:00). Smiley Happy

= DateTime.Time(DateTimeZone.SwitchZone( DateTimeZone.FixedLocalNow(), -5 )) & DateTime.Date(DateTimeZone.SwitchZone( DateTimeZone.FixedLocalNow(), -5 ))

Regards

Yes, see formula above. Essentially, it is adding/subtracting hours from the date/time value returned from LocalNow to account for the time zone shift. In your case it looks like you would want to use +5?

Latest book!:

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.