Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

aicirtap027
Frequent Visitor

Last N Months & Selected Month

Hi,

I just need help on how can i make the selected date on the slicer the updated month on the visual that i am using. When i select all on the month year slicer it will show like this but when i tried to select a month, it will show the selected month only and not the 6 months data. Please help on how can i fix this issue, thank you.

SELECTING ALL ON THE MONTH-YEAR SLICER:

All date.PNG

SELECTING A SPECIFIC MONTH ON THE MONTH-YEAR SLICER:

SELECT MONTH.PNG

7 REPLIES 7
blopez11
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

I think the following link should help you, if I am understanding correctly what you are wanting to do

http://sqljason.com/2018/03/display-last-n-months-selected-month-using-single-date-dimension-in-powe...

Thanks for sharing, i'll already did and succesfully shows a 6 months data using the parameter but i encountered another issue. The data that i will use in the visualization comes from different tables so whenever i added values on the visualization there will be a conflict on the chart. 

Please see screenshot below

Capture.PNG

This data on the chart comes from different tables, the data on the slicer comes from the table of Call Trend Aban>20s, so it will just show the data on November but the Call Trend Ans<20s shows data until December. Please help on how can make this data to follow the selected month even though they comes from different tables. 

@aicirtap027 ,

Have you build relationship between the two tables? Which column are the slicer based on? In which table have you built the what-if parameter?

Please share sample data and expected result.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Hi @v-yuta-msft , yes i created a relationship between them. Please see attached .pbix file for the sample data. Thanks

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1qmZiWA2Vv5f-bwhbr9o96XdBDYyXtghb 

Hello,

Any suggestion on how to resolve my problem? Please help. Thanks

@aicirtap027 ,

Have you tried option "Edit interaction".

Capture.PNG 

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yuta-msft  Yes i tried the option edit interaction but the table is still the same, i think there is something that needs to fix on the DAX but i am not familiar on how to do it with the right syntax. Please help

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.