Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

diogobraga2
Helper IV
Helper IV

Last Day of Each Month-Year

The dataset has every single date from early 2017 through now (late 2019), the goal is to create a calculated field to indicate the last day of each month of all years in the dataset. The calculation that I have so far returns the last day of the most recent 12 months, but it is missing the months from the other years. What do I need to change? 

Lastest Date =
VAR currentMonth =
MONTH([DATE_STAMP])
VAR latestDateofMonth =
CALCULATE (
MAX([DATE_STAMP]),
FILTER (ALL (student_status_count), MONTH([DATE_STAMP]) = currentMonth)
)
RETURN
IF ( [DATE_STAMP] = latestDateofMonth, 1, 0 )

2019-11-22_1518.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@diogobraga2 this can work

Is this last date of the month = 
IF ( Table[Date] = EOMONTH ( Table[Date], 0 ), 1, 0 )

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Ashish_Mathur
Super User
Super User

Hi,

Create a Calendar Table and build a relationship from the Date column of the base data table to the Date column of the Calendar Table.  In the Calendar Table, create a column for Year and Month.  Build a matrix visual and drag Year and Month there.  Write this measure

=MAX(Calendar[Date])

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Ashish Mathur
http://www.ashishmathur.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/excelenthusiasts/
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@diogobraga2 this can work

Is this last date of the month = 
IF ( Table[Date] = EOMONTH ( Table[Date], 0 ), 1, 0 )

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

@parry2k, your solution led to this other problem:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Last-Day-Available-for-Each-Month/m-p/854569#M410054

Let me know if you have any feedback. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.