Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

TayVanderchys
Frequent Visitor

Last 3 "Periods" date range filter

Hi,

I'm hoping this is possible, basically I have a calendar table fully loaded and set up, data is all working, I just need to be able to slice on my custom "4 week periods" I have setup.. The column is called "Period Year", and basically is period 1 to period 13.

I want there to be some sort of rolling data range, which only takes the LAST 3 FULL PERIODS..

Meaning, if we are currently half way through period 5 at the moment.. I want the data to be filtered on: Period 4, Period 3, Period 2

Once we tick over into period 6, I want that to AUTOMATICALLY change to period 5, period 4 and period 3.

I'm presuming this will work the same as the "month" column in any calendar. 

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @TayVanderchys,

How did you create "Period Year" column? Would you please share some sample data?

As you mentioned "if we are currently half way through period 5 at the moment.. I want the data to be filtered on: Period 4, Period 3, Period 2", did you mean for those records in period 5 will have another column display the total of Period 4, Period 3, Period 2 values? If possible, please share some screenshots to clarify the requirement.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @TayVanderchys,

In the May updated the date slicer was updated with relative dates check the link below

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-desktop-may-feature-summary/

Mfelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.