Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

wpf_
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Larger loading spinner or a visual to show that it's done

My report is connected via directquery and it takes about 10 seconds to load the report.  The spinner is small and hard to see. Is there a way for me to put say a shape on the report: Green when done, and Red when it's still loading?  Is there a function to call to know if it's still loading or not?  Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @wpf_ ,

Could you tell me if your problem has been solved? If it is, kindly Accept it as the solution. More people will benefit from it.

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin

v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @wpf_ ,

To my knowledge, there will be a buffer icon when the data is loaded .So I think your requirement could not be realized.

If you also want this in power bi, let the power bi community to know this things and give your votes at power bi site's feedback -Show progress when refreshing data.

In addition, PowerBI provide trace log files for users to analyse Power BI Desktop execution performance. First you need to collect some diagnostics by enabling tracing on Power BI Desktop, go to: File –> Options –> Diagnostics –> Enable Tracing.

Reference: 

Power BI Desktop Trace Logs Analyser

Power BI Diagnostics, Trace Logs And Query Execution Times

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@wpf_ don't think there is any way to achieve this, although it is a great idea. Maybe put an idea on the ideas forum if doesn't already exist.

Check my latest blog post Improve UX: Show Year in Legend When Using Time Intelligence Measures | PeryTUS IT Solutions  I would ❤ Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors