Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

saykasku
Resolver I
Resolver I

Large dim table and filter

I have to create simple report in PBI - only one dim and fact. No aggregations, hierarchies or other stuff. Customer dimmension have 10 millions unique elements and i have problem with filter. I need to filter this dim using string column (10 digits in string because of starting 0). I don't know how to do that quickly...
My idea is to split that column to 10 other columns with only one digit in each. I have problem here too because user want to copy-paste that full number but he have 10 filters. Performance using this 10 columns is ok.

Can you help me with this somehow?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

The only thing you need is the search bar? in that case you can use this:
https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/power-bi-visuals/WA104380794?tab=Overview

i used it myself, and it looks like this:

Capture.PNG

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Could you maybe explain the problem a bit more in detail? im not sure if i understand correctly. Also, maybe add some sample data?

Example:

Sample data - Column with 10 digits (string, 10 millions unique rows) 

a.PNG

I need to filter report using this column.
My idea was that:

aa.PNG

I can filter using 10 slicers (fast because of only 10 unique calues in one column) but user want one text box because of copy-paste possibility.
aaa.PNG

No ideas here...

Anonymous
Not applicable

The only thing you need is the search bar? in that case you can use this:
https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/power-bi-visuals/WA104380794?tab=Overview

i used it myself, and it looks like this:

Capture.PNG

This search bar is using only on column with full customer id but its 5 minutes for filter because of 10 millions unique values...

It's very bad. I need better solution...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you used the search bar i suggested? because i do not have this loading problem with 14m rows. 

You have right. It's working. Thx mate ! 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.