Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Copycat
Frequent Visitor

Landing page based on rest api data

Good day beautiful people,

I was asked to create a landing page, where the users will be able to see all of the reports from our workspaces (9 workspaces, ~7 reports per each).

After some googling I figured out, that the best way to do it is via rest api - get reports.

Unfortunately I have failed to set it up and I cannot find any guidance using this or similar api, and actually get some data.

Can you please share some intel how to get this api working? Or, is there anything else required to be done / enabled before using api?

If, for example, I can show only reports from one workspace - I can live with that and create multiple connections.

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Copycat,

I think this requirement should be design by multiple features. You also need to use power bi embedded feature and premium license.

The basic share feature request pro license, so I think you should consider use premium license, the contents which hosted in premium capacity shared can be viewed without pro license.

You need to set embedded on each report. Then you can use 'get reports' API to get the reports to use in embedded iframe with correspond embed tokens.

Power BI Premium FAQ - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Power BI embedded analytics overview - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Copycat,

I think this requirement should be design by multiple features. You also need to use power bi embedded feature and premium license.

The basic share feature request pro license, so I think you should consider use premium license, the contents which hosted in premium capacity shared can be viewed without pro license.

You need to set embedded on each report. Then you can use 'get reports' API to get the reports to use in embedded iframe with correspond embed tokens.

Power BI Premium FAQ - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Power BI embedded analytics overview - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.