Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ironryan77
Advocate II
Advocate II

Lack of Alignment Precision

I have noticed that Power BI does not seem to be WYSIWYG (What You See is What You Get) because although my cartesian coordinates state that all of my slicers should be perfectly matched up, visually they do not all look evenly sized and distributed.  My report users are very picky on formatting, but here is what I mean.  All of these slicers have the same dimensions and are positioned parallel and symmetrically.  But they do not all look 100% in parallel or symmetric:

slicer mis-alignment.jpg

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi @ironryan77,

Currently, specifying the X, Y position is the best choice to set the alignment of a visual to make them look tidy. I can get the output as below, however, as you said, it still exists some defect, they are not positioned parallel and symmetrically exactly.
2.PNG

You can submit this issue at https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas. Your feedback is valuable for us to improve our products and service. Appreciate for your understanding.

Best regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Hi @ironryan77,

Yes. I have voted it.

Regards,
Yuliana Gu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

Are you using the Align Options in the Format tab (which is contextual)

ctrl+select 2 slicers (or as many as needed) and try... you can try the Distribute options...

Align Options.png

Yes I have used this.  The only workaround for this I've figured out is to temporarily change the width and coordinates and then change it back.  Most of the time this fixes the visualization problem.  I just wish it worked the first time.

I noticed this when I had a series of card visuals setup close together in a grid. It was not an issue for me in Desktop but would be out of alignment by one pixel here or there once deployed to Service. 

Also in the format properties of every visual in the General section, you have even more control - but this can be quite painstaking.

allignment.png 

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Thanks for the helps.  I'm not new to reporting, however.  I have developed using other report software for 10 years now.  I think this has to do with focus.  Here are screenshots of the same slicers.  The first example is with the Visualization and Field panes hidden, and the second is with them fully expanded. 

slicer mis-alignment 1.jpg

slicer mis-alignment 2.jpg

Hi @ironryan77,

Currently, specifying the X, Y position is the best choice to set the alignment of a visual to make them look tidy. I can get the output as below, however, as you said, it still exists some defect, they are not positioned parallel and symmetrically exactly.
2.PNG

You can submit this issue at https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas. Your feedback is valuable for us to improve our products and service. Appreciate for your understanding.

Best regards,
Yuliana Gu

Thanks!  I just posted this idea.  Can you please vote for it?  The URL is:

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/18418561-alignment-precision

Hi @ironryan77,

Yes. I have voted it.

Regards,
Yuliana Gu

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.