Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

dibbkd
Frequent Visitor

Labels on Maps

I have a few thousand addresses for all my clients, and also a couple addresses for our clinic locations.

I want to have a map that shows my clients in blue and my clinic locations in red.

I have a table of addresses for clients and a separate smaller table for my clinic location addresses.

I do already know how to make a single map, but not sure how to make some locatoins be different colors than others.

7 REPLIES 7
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dibbkd,

Has guavaq's solution solve your issue?

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

I want one map that shows my clients (a few thousand of them), and also shows my several clinic loations in another color.   I have a mySQL database I'm pulling the client info from, and a separate small table with my clinic locations.  I don't want to have to edit the client table to add my clinic locations each time, and also they contain different information besides the address.

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there, what you can do is if you have both of your clients addresses and clinic locations in one table, you could add a conditional column which would be for example called "Classification" and if it is a customer then it would be classified as "Customer" and if it was a clinic then classified as a "Clinic"

Then when you create your map you could then and put the Classification under the "Legend"

As with the attached picture, you will see that I have my Amount under Size, and then under Legend I have got my Fiscal Date, which shows in all the different colours.

PBI - Map.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Hey thank you, that does work.

But still wondering how to do it with two tables, because my client addresses has a bunch of other information that my clinic locations doesn't have, and also just wondering how to do it with two tables to learn another way.

Appreciate your knowledge!

Hi there

If I understand correctly, can you not create 2 maps with different requirements?

So that each map is representative of what you are trying to achieve?

Power BI Blog

I want one map that shows my clients (a few thousand of them), and also shows my several clinic loations in another color.   I have a mySQL database I'm pulling the client info from, and a separate small table with my clinic locations.  I don't want to have to edit the client table to add my clinic locations each time, and also they contain different information besides the address.

Hi there what I can suggest is in your client data, to add a Custom Colum called "Classification" and put in there "Client"

Next for your Clinic Locations data add a Custom Colum called "Classification" and put in there "Clinic"

Then Append the data in the Query Editor to your Clients data (so you will append from your Clinic data). In doing so you can have all your data in one table. And then you can use the Classification on the map to show them as different colours.

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.