Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

MQ80
Frequent Visitor

Label unit displayed

Hello everybody,

I need to customize the units for a bar Chart`s label.

I know I can access the format menu for the visualization, and there I can choose the "Show units as"...there are some options availables, but what about if I want to change that? is that possible?

For example, I want to see "MM" instead of "Mill." or "Millons", ...or I want to see "K" instead of "mil" or "Miles". 

In other words, I want to change how the name of the unit is dispayed on the label but not the conversion itself. 

Do anyone knows if it is possible to change that?

Thanks in advance and regards,

Mariana

7 REPLIES 7
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Thanks @amitchandakIt`s not from the table that I need to change format from, it from the standar label what I wanted to modify.
I´m affraid I don`t  have chance to change the standard options the visualization has.

Thanks for your response anyway.

@MQ80 that;s exactly what I replied 🙂

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

@MQ80 you cannot change the labels except the options available by default, your best bet is to create measures for tooltip or create custom tooltip page. Indeed it is not what you are looking for but this is as close you can get.

I would recommend adding this as an idea but check for the existing idea before creating a new one and vote for it.

Ciao,

P

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

MQ80
Frequent Visitor

Thanks a lot @parry2k.

I will check if anyone has already added this idea.

hi @MQ80 

here is a workaround for your refer to:

Use FORMAT Function to custom them

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dax/format-function-dax

And just format the result since it will converts a value to text according to the specified format

Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I´ve posted I new idea for this issue.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.