Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mbudde
Regular Visitor

Label New Costumers for 365 days

Hey guys,

Im kind of new in Power BI and i'm starting to implement a Dashboard in our company.

It was always a struggle to keep track of the Costumer Status because our system couldnt calculate it properly. I hope thats what PBI can do for us.

In general we want to have 2 statuses of purchasing costumers:

- For 365 days after the first purchase the costumer should be labeled "New"

- After those 365 days i want him to have "Consisted Costumer"

The build im running in my PBI looks like this:

- Date Table

- Sales Table (Costumer NR/ProductNr/Date of Purchase/Sales in €/Sales in KG)

and a few tables to fill in information like adress stuff.

Does anyone know how to implement this?

Bonus points come for amount of Costumers per category and for a sum of the sales for every category.

Thanks in advance to anyone who considers helping.

2 REPLIES 2
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mbudde ,

I am not sure what desired result would you want, could you please share your sample data and desired output screenshots for further analysis? You can also upload sample pbix to OneDrive and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading.

Please read this post to get your answer quickly: How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly.

Best Regards,

Amy

Community Support Team _ Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

jthomson
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Could trim down a duplicate of your sales table to just the date of sale and customer number, then group by the customer number but taking the earliest date of sale - easy to then either join that back in or relate it and do some sort of datediff logic with your new date column and today to see how many days ago their first order was and label accordingly?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.