Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AliceHHH

Lab 1 - step 4 filter dates

Hello,

I'm having a problem with step 4 of Lab 1.

When I attempt to change the type of the 'Date' column from ABC to Date, the majority of rows come up as 'Error'. See screenshot below.

Capture.PNG

I cannot work out where I am going wrong.

Thanks for your help.

Kind regards,

Alice

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello,

Thanks, we have worked out the problem.

I had forgotten to change my Regional Settings to "English (United States)" - it was set on English (Australia), so when PowerBI tried to convert the dates to the Australian way of writing dates, as DD/MM/YYYY, most of the months were out of range! Hence the errors.

Kind regards,

Alice

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AliceHHH

Can you send me a link to your Lab?

Hello,

Thanks, we have worked out the problem.

I had forgotten to change my Regional Settings to "English (United States)" - it was set on English (Australia), so when PowerBI tried to convert the dates to the Australian way of writing dates, as DD/MM/YYYY, most of the months were out of range! Hence the errors.

Kind regards,

Alice

@AliceHHH glad to see that you solved your issue.

Please note that probably nobody over here has any clue what you mean with Lab1 - step 4.

I would appreciate if you can clarify that or provide a link where we can find it (if it is publicly available).

Should you raise more topics in this context, please provide the link (if possible) or otherwise a comprehensive explanation of the context.

Specializing in Power Query Formula Language (M)

My apologies, I think I may have accidentally posted this in the wrong forum.

It is in relation to a PowerBI course I'm doing on edX:

https://www.edx.org/course/analyzing-visualizing-data-power-bi-microsoft-dat207x-5

Regards,

Alice

No worries. Good luck with your course! At least you solved one issue, so that must be promising. Smiley Happy

Specializing in Power Query Formula Language (M)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.