Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Hakha

LOOKUPVALUE

Hi everyone, I have trouble using the LOOKUPVALUE function as the expected result shows up empty and appearently "not found".

the two tables share a column with the almost exact data. I'm trying to have one column of a table to be a part of another existing table with that shared column. 

Firstly I thought It'd be managable by giving them relationship (both having a same column) but that didn't seem to work and when I tried to put the desired data on a single table while putting the shared column in the table as well, it didn't work and the desired columns wouldn't overlap and just show up at the top or bottom of the other ones.

did some research and it seems like it should be doable with the LOOKUPVALUE function but still, the new added column shows up empty and without any found data.

I tried doing it in either of them table that share the same column and still didn't work. here's some screenshots of the issue and tested with different Alternate_Result.HK.PNGHK0.PNGHKNF.PNGSCALE.PNGSCALE0.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Shishir22
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hello @Hakha ,

Ideally it should give you correct result. Might be data issue.

Can you please use Len('Scale'[Currency]) and Len('Hollow Knight'[Currency]) and check length is coming same for Argentina Peso in both tables. Might be extra blanks in starting or ending of data.

Cheers,

Shishir

Cheers,
Shishir

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Shishir22
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hello @Hakha ,

Ideally it should give you correct result. Might be data issue.

Can you please use Len('Scale'[Currency]) and Len('Hollow Knight'[Currency]) and check length is coming same for Argentina Peso in both tables. Might be extra blanks in starting or ending of data.

Cheers,

Shishir

Cheers,
Shishir

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.