Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

henriquert

LOOKUPVALUE with FILTER within RANGE

Hello guys,

I need some help with DAX logic on this one..

First an overview of the situation: I have one table ("ALERTAS") which contains various security alerts. This table is indexed by the driver name, but sometimes it does not give me the name, and the driver is then hidden, showing up as "NA". I have another table ("MACRO") which contains the start ("inicio") and end ("fim") of each driver's trip with a given license plate. In order to discover who was driving the vehicle the moment the security alert was generated, I want to lookup who the driver was in the "MACRO" table for the license plate and the moment in which the security alert was generated.

The first table is called "ALERTAS" and contains a driver ("motorista") column, a license plate ("placa") column and a date & time stamp ("Hora de Início")

henriquert_1-1596112514145.png

I have another table called "MACRO" which contains a driver ("nome") column, a license plate ("VEICULO") column, a macro category ("INICIO/FIM") and a date & time stamp ("data inicio").

asasasassa.PNG

So basically what I need is:

to find WHO "NA" is in the "Alertas" table by looking up on "MACRO" table, matching the license plate and the time range between start (início) and end (fim)

I want to create a column inside the "ALERTAS" table which does the following:

1. Matches the license plate &&
  2. For INICIO/FIM = INICIO, ALERTAS[Hora de início] >= MACRO[data inicio] &&
  3. For INICIO/FIM = FIM, ALERTAS[Hora de início] < MACRO[data inicio]
  4. RETURNS the driver name ("nome") from the MACRO table (there will never be more than one result)

I really need help with this, I have been trying different LOOKUPVALUE() and CALCULATE() functions for a few days now and have not gotten the result I need..

Please help

Thank you,

Henrique.

2 REPLIES 2
ryan_mayu
Super User
Super User

@henriquert 

I created sample data for this.

1.PNG2.PNG

you can try to create a column

Column = 
VAR _type=MAXX(FILTER('MACRO','ALERTAS'[Placa]=MACRO[VEICULO]),'MACRO'[INICIO/FIM])
return if(_type="FIM",MAXX(FILTER('MACRO','ALERTAS'[Hora de inicio]<'MACRO'[data inicio]&&ALERTAS[Placa]=MACRO[VEICULO]),MACRO[nome]),MAXX(FILTER('MACRO','ALERTAS'[Hora de inicio]>='MACRO'[data inicio]&&ALERTAS[Placa]=MACRO[VEICULO]),MACRO[nome]))

3.PNG

hope this is helpful

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Thank you for the reply, @ryan_mayu 

I was unable to run the command due to insufficient memory..

I forgot to mention that both my tables are enormous and contain many thousands of lines.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.