Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

LOOKUPVALE Formula stopped working

So I have this calculated column where I am using the LOOKUPVALUE formula to bring the record field text to another table (pretty basic). It was working fine, but suddenly now the calculated column is empty. I have not changed the formula and both columns are Text format. One for the data source is a salesforce object and another is an excel file.

i cannot understand what could be going on! I tried doing other lookupvalue formulas with other columns to test and they are not working either. 

ivargaspr_0-1600287764976.png

ivargaspr_1-1600287812255.png       ivargaspr_2-1600287858002.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I found the issue! I brought in a new data source (table called New Writer Master below) and when i created the relationship with my master Territories table I didnt noticed that it defaulted to Cross filter direction both. Once I changed this to single it worked again!

Thanks Vivran, your comment sparked the idea to look there. 

ivargaspr_1-1600434826352.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
vivran22
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello @Anonymous 

Not enough information to go on. Can you share the sample data/pbix file?

If these tables are realted, you could also try RELATED function to get the value.

Cheers!
Vivek

Blog: vivran.in/my-blog
Connect on LinkedIn
Follow on Twitter

Anonymous
Not applicable

So I found the issue! I brought in a new data source (table called New Writer Master below) and when i created the relationship with my master Territories table I didnt noticed that it defaulted to Cross filter direction both. Once I changed this to single it worked again!

Thanks Vivran, your comment sparked the idea to look there. 

ivargaspr_1-1600434826352.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.