Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Olia
Helper III
Helper III

LF forecast line?

forecast.PNG

So I was watching a tutorial where they have shown us just how cool the Forecast feature is for Line chart.... and now the cruel reality appears to catch up with me. Can someone please tell me if that feature is still available, and if so, where I can find it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I think the date value cannot be in months (except if it month number).

I guess it has to be in weeks, days or month number. Therefore a number and not a text.

EDIT: Yep, just checked, the date value has to be a number for sure, so go for month number instead of month name

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
ValentinBIA
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi @Olia,

The feature is still available, I use it very frequently.

Make sure you have the latest update of Power Bi Desktop !

And if so, the option for the forecast line only appears if:

- You are using a line chart

- There are values in your Values field

- There are Time Values in your Axis field (such as month, days...)

Hope that helps

Best,

Valentin

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Hi @ValentinBIA

I don't see it. I just re-downloaded PowerBI Desktop. I do have Date in Axis field and Amount in Values field. I am using the Line Chart. but the option is not there 😞

forecast2.pngforecast3.png

I think the date value cannot be in months (except if it month number).

I guess it has to be in weeks, days or month number. Therefore a number and not a text.

EDIT: Yep, just checked, the date value has to be a number for sure, so go for month number instead of month name

@ValentinBIA

I think there's more to that. the forecast line appears when I choose "continues" x-axis option. but then it shows months as 2-6-8, do you know how to make it show months from 1 to 7 without switching to "categorical" x-axis? or how do you make your graphs show all the month numbers?

Hi @Olia,

I'm sure about it, but maybe you can find the solution there:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Show-all-Dates-on-continuous-X-axis/td-p/176837

Best,

Valentin

Thank you for looking at it @ValentinBIA  🙂

I managed to get the Forecast line thanks to you, for the rest I guess that I should make a new topic

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.