Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

lfink
Regular Visitor

LASTNONBLANK result not pulling in correctly

When I use LASTNONBLANK it pulls in the last value correctly unless the last value is less than the previous value in the table. 

I have a table with my last value as 176,000 but it pulls in the value above it with the value of 176,599.  If I increase my bottom row to a value larger than 176,599 it then is pulled in correctly.

My measure is:          Youtube Total Subscribers = LASTNONBLANK('Youtube Stats'[Total Subscriber Count],1)

Is there something I need to add if the bottom row value is less than the previous row?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Zubair_Muhammad
Community Champion
Community Champion

@lfink

FirstNonBlank /LastNonBlank return the first/last value respectively in the column…..after sorting the column in its native Ascending Order..

They are quite similar to Min and Max functions in many ways

If you want the last row value.....you can add an Index Column in your table and then use it to get the last value

Please check this similar post

http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Last-Column-Value/m-p/393009#M179233

Regards
Zubair

Please try my custom visuals

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Zubair_Muhammad
Community Champion
Community Champion

@lfink

FirstNonBlank /LastNonBlank return the first/last value respectively in the column…..after sorting the column in its native Ascending Order..

They are quite similar to Min and Max functions in many ways

If you want the last row value.....you can add an Index Column in your table and then use it to get the last value

Please check this similar post

http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Last-Column-Value/m-p/393009#M179233

Regards
Zubair

Please try my custom visuals

@Zubair_Muhammad

Thanks! I used the measure fix and it worked great!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.