Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

cwilliams
Helper II
Helper II

LAST UPDATE

Since the last update, the format of my slicers are displaying differently within the cloud than what is displaying in the desktop platform.  Is anyone else having this issue?

Cheryl

12 REPLIES 12
cwilliams
Helper II
Helper II

Cloud Version Format DifferentCloud Version Format Different

@cwilliams I can re-produce the same issue. The Header Underline is no longer showing up in the Service. So, either it's a bug, or they are going to change the way the slicer looks in the Desktop... I would hope a bug, but that's based on my preference of liking the line.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

It seems to be defaulting to "None" under format options > Header > Outline even though "Bottom Only" is chosen.  Cheryl

Hi cheryl,

I just tested this and the header underline shows without issue from my side. And the format settings either from first publish or a re-publish would be the same when in Power BI Desktop (latest version) and Power BI service.

Suggestions are as below:

1. First please take a try to re-publish the PBIX and see if there is any difference
  2. Delete the Slicer and then re-create it under Power BI desktop, then publish it again to check

10.PNG

If you have any further questions, please post back.

Regards

Neither suggestion worked.

@cwilliams Have you tried other browsers?

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Are you working with the most current version of BI Desktop?

Hi cwilliams,

My colleagues could reproduce this issue and already report this.

If there is any update from her, I will update here.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards

Yes, I have tried other browsers, but no success.

The thing is that it shows in the Desktop but not in the cloud.....does not make sense....I would think it is a bug......can you find out if other users are experiencing the same thing?  Cheryl

@cwilliams If you find it to be an issue that you want to raise, I would encourage you to submit it here. I can confirm that I see the same behaviour, so I'm assuming it is an issue for all. To reference my previous post, it does make sense because the two parts of the product are on different release cycles and the Service can be updated at any time, while the Desktop needs to be updated manually by the end user.

@cwilliams Can you share a screenshot? It's quite possible that there are differences between the Service and the Desktop as MIcrosoft continues to update the Service on a quicker cadence I believe. So sometimes, there are features that are slightly out of sync.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.