Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

TabathaN
Advocate II
Advocate II

Keyboard Calculator Does Not Work With Power BI

Hello,

I know this isn't exactly a power bi desktop question but it does directly relate to it.

When I try and press the calculator button on my microsoft natural ergonomic keyboard 4000 v1.0, and I'm actively working in power bi, it doesn't work. However, if I click out of power bi anywhere else on my screen, it works perfectly all day every day.

This drives me nuts! Does anyone know why this happens or how I can get my calculator button to work while I actively have power bi open?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@edhans Microsoft has been very responsive with my post on the issues board. In short, It was a bug and the PG team is working on it to get it fixed in the December Update. The workaround for this issue is to go to Files=>Options and Settings=>Options=>Report settings (Under Global)=> Make sure “Always run Power BI Desktop with improved Narrator support” option is enabled.

Thanks again for your help pointing me in the right direction to get this resolved, much appreciated!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
edhans
Super User
Super User

Interesting. The calculator button on my exact same keyboard works fine in the Power Query window, but not the Power BI/DAX/Modeling window. I recommend reposting this issue in the "Issues" forum. They are pretty good about tracking bugs there. Make sure you tell then what OS you are using and if it is Windows 10, is it the download, store, or report server version. For me it is Win10 and store app.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting

@edhans Microsoft has been very responsive with my post on the issues board. In short, It was a bug and the PG team is working on it to get it fixed in the December Update. The workaround for this issue is to go to Files=>Options and Settings=>Options=>Report settings (Under Global)=> Make sure “Always run Power BI Desktop with improved Narrator support” option is enabled.

Thanks again for your help pointing me in the right direction to get this resolved, much appreciated!

@edhans Interesting find about the button working in query, mine does the same. I will post on the issues board - thanks for the suggestion!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.