Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DebbieE
Community Champion
Community Champion

Key influences the Analysis is performed at the record level issue

I have created a star schema. the recommented model for Power BI

StarSchema.jpg

And I want to use my Outcome column from Dim 1 and explain by entities around the Star schema in other dimensions

However when I get the following error

KeyInfluencerError.JPG

This seems like something you would want to do with the Key Influencer with a star schema. Is there anything I can do to get this working. All the relationships are ok. I want to be able to explain by columns from dimensions around the fact

4 REPLIES 4
DebbieE
Community Champion
Community Champion

Please can someone help me understand what the error means and how i can resolve this

I tried reading the link but the error message isnt on the page and Im completely stuck at the moment

Event - event ID to Event ID

Person - Person ID to person ID

Modules - module Id to module ID

Persons responses - Composite key of event Person and module (this is where the resonses are that Im trying to run Key influences over

Date - Date Key to event Date Key

An event can be for many people

And event can consist of many modules

A Person can make a response to the individual modules in an event

I can kind of see the problem but I dont know how to resolve it 

Issue.JPG

the first visual is a Person slicer and I have selected a person

Visual 2 is data from the response dimension and shows every single response not related to the person

Visual 2 is data from the event dimension and again shows every single event not related to the person

You have to add a measure from the fact table and this resolves the issue

working.JPG

So clearly this is the problem with the Key influence table. It cant create the join between dimensions (Ive tried adding measures to explain by but this doesnt change things)

this has really messed with my idea of modelling. 

Why do you lost the join completely if you dont add a measure in the above example

What can I do to get Key influences working. Ive been telling people to use the star schema but this is going to ruin all my advice

basically HELP!!!!!!

DebbieE
Community Champion
Community Champion

Is there anything I can do to get some more help on this one. the Key influencers doesnt appear to work with a star schema?

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@DebbieE , schema seems good. What are the column you are taking in? And how many distinct values each of those columns can have?

Im not really sure of the question?

Values is from Dimension 1. Its a 1 to many to the fact table

the other values are from dimensions all around the fact table. As you can see from the model its all one to many relationships?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.