Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

marciafernandes

Key influencer and Q&A visuals not available to select

Hi, I'm using powerBI desktop version January 2021 but Key influencers and Q&A are not available to be used 9please see picture below). Doing some research I found out it could be related to .NET framework earlier than 4.6 but current computer vesion is 4.8. 

Deos anyone have any solution for this?

Thanks, Marcia

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

7 REPLIES 7
marciafernandes

Thanks a lot @Fowmy and @v-janeyg-msft for the insights. It turns out and I wasn't aware there is an specific version for powerBI desktop on the report server and for the service (cloud), as explained here - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/report-server/install-powerbi-desktop

It's possible to have both on the same machine by the way.

Thanks all.

Marcia

Hi, @marciafernandes 

Yes, there are indeed two versions, because you only mentioned that these two are different, so I didn't think in this direction. In fact, there are still many differences in the features of the two versions, and some desktop versions of files can't be successfully opened on the rs desktop version. It should be noted that when two versions are installed on the computer, the version of RS desktop will be used by default when opening the file, and you need to switch manually.

v-janeyg-msft_1-1621474724139.png

v-janeyg-msft_0-1621474659151.png

Best Regards

Janey Guo

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @marciafernandes 

Is your problem been resovled? Does your problem occur suddenly or when you connect to a data source?

I found some limitations in: Key influencers visualizations tutorial - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

The key influencers visual has some limitations:

• Direct Query is not supported
  • Live Connection to Azure Analysis Services and SQL Server Analysis Services is not supported
  • Publish to web is not supported
  • .NET Framework 4.6 or higher is required
  • SharePoint Online embedding isn't supported

And this is my .NET Framework version

v-janeyg-msft_0-1620715560459.png

If you meet these conditions, then it may be a version issue.

Note: Power BI Desktop is updated and released on a monthly basis, incorporating customer feedback and new features. Only the latest version of Power BI Desktop is supported. You will be asked to upgrade the application to the latest version when contacting Support for Power BI Desktop. You can get the latest version of Power BI Desktop from the Windows Store, or as a single executable containing all supported languages that you download and install on your computer.

If it doesn’t solve your problem, please feel free to ask me.

Best Regards

Janey Guo

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Janey, the issue occurs on creating a new report, I don't event connect to a data source and the KI and QA are already not there. If I bring in a report that has KI created in another environment where KI shows up I see the error below. Ill get in touch with support to try to fix this, thanks for the help.

Screenshot 2021-05-12 101925.jpg

marciafernandes

Thanks for the suggestion @Fowmy Update is not an option at the moment and my insert looks like below. 

I know KI is available since Jun2019, so that's why I suspect it's something related to the environment.

Screenshot 2021-05-08 212628.jpg

@marciafernandes 

I believe you have Pro License, if so, you can raise a support ticket, their service is faster,  I recently had an issue resolved through the support. 

chexk this link please: 

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-create-a-support-ticket-in-Power-BI/ba-p/6830...

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! and hit thumbs up

Subscribe and learn Power BI from these videos

Website LinkedIn PBI User Group

Fowmy
Super User
Super User

@marciafernandes 

I would recommend you upgrade to the April 2021 version of the Power BI Desktop. I am not sure when the Key Influencer Visual became GA.

You can try on the insert Tab:

Fowmy_0-1620519195732.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! and hit thumbs up

Subscribe and learn Power BI from these videos

Website LinkedIn PBI User Group

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.