Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PJ-292
Frequent Visitor

Key Influencers visualization - likelihood figure doesn't match

Hi,

In the Key Influencers visualization, shouldn't the likelihood figure be the difference between the selected inluencer and the average of all other factors?

E.g. the top influencer is Category A, with average weekly sales of $1860. Whilst the average weekly sales of all other category is $870.73. 

So the difference is $989.27. So shouldn't it be that: If product is in Category A, the average weekly sales is $989.27 higher than all other category?

Why is the graph showing $9.60k instead?

Picture1.png

Kind regards,

PJ

3 REPLIES 3
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @PJ-292 ,

Kindly share your sample data and excepted result to me if you don't have any Confidential Information. Please upload your files to One Drive and share the link here.

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Hi @v-frfei-msft ,

I've re-created a masked data .pbix (note: the numbers are slightly different than my original post due to rounding issue, but the main problem is still there).

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuKPBCJSdtVKvmrM3-OdWij0afT5?e=yuXnYT

What I expected to see is that:

"Weekly Sales is more likely to increase by $989.22, when Category is A than otherwise (on average)."

Picture2.png

From the Microsoft article, it says that "The number in the bubble is still the difference between the red dotted line and green bar but it’s expressed as a number".

In my data:

Influencer (blue bar) = Category A = $1859.95

Average of all other category (red dotted line) = $870.73

$1859.95 - $870.73 = $989.22

Picture3.png

So, it should be: When it's Category A, the average Weekly Sales increase by $989.22. I'm not sure why the chart is showing it as $9.09k.

Kind regards,

PJ

Larsen
Frequent Visitor

Hi! 

I had the same problem, and I'm pretty sure the issue is that 0/zeros are not included in the average calculation for the influencers. So would be really nice if this is fixed asap, it does not seem like a user-issue but a design issue:)

KR Larsen

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.