Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Key Influencer - likelihood calculation not matching

HI there,

I've created this Key Influencers visual but don't figure out the calculation for the likelihood. 

The green bar is at 1.35% (2747)

Average is 0.78% (36548)

The likelihood plotted is at 1.82x.  it's not 1.35 / 0.78...

There are no blanks or nulls in the column feeding the Explain by filed...

What am I missing ?

Thank you

Capture5.PNG

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello all,

After some more digging, I understood that the visual takes a sample of 10k rows to build the analysis on. So if you load less than 10k rows, the division should work out, if more than 10k in the data, the sampling (stratified sampling) will grab the most representative 10k only and this is why the division will not match.

Thanks all,

Mihnea

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello all,

After some more digging, I understood that the visual takes a sample of 10k rows to build the analysis on. So if you load less than 10k rows, the division should work out, if more than 10k in the data, the sampling (stratified sampling) will grab the most representative 10k only and this is why the division will not match.

Thanks all,

Mihnea

Hi,

How did you learn about that? Can you please recommend any article explaining how stratified sampling is performed in Power BI? 🙂

Och! Thank you for pushing me in this direction. How did you notice that? Any Microsoft article or just an assumption?

PJ-292
Frequent Visitor

were you able to solve this? i'm having the same trouble of the likelihood figure not matching up too. 

still waiting for answers.. how can we use it well if we do not know the basics.. 😉

Olimpiusz
Regular Visitor

Any news on that one? I'm also very interested in this topic. Thanks!
dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi mikyi_ro,

The likelihood seems not equal to green bar /red line(it approximately equal) , it seems that it has its algorithm. You alo could refer to Key influencers visualization(you will see the likelihood  also not equal to gren bar /red line). I will discuss with other engineers about this algorithm, and I will inform you as soon as i get it.

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

On Misrosoft page you wrote that:

Screenshot_20190821-200059_Chrome.jpg

So how we should interprete that?

Anonymous
Not applicable

OK, Dax, thank you,

will wait for the feedback from the engineers

thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.