Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Key Influencer Error..."Failed to Resolve Name 'AI.SAMPLESTRATIFIED'....

My colleague and I have a PowerBi report linked to a SQL query that was written in Visual Studio. The query feeding the datset examines sales between this year and last year by department, percent changes between this year and last year, and acategorical variable that says 'sales flat/increasing/decreasing' based on the percent change values. 

When we went to the Key Influencers visual and used the categorical variable in the 'Analyze' section, and tried to add another variable in the 'Explain By', we get an error saying:

"Failed to resolve name 'AI.SAMPLESTRATIFIED'. It is not a valid table, variable, or function name."

This pops up regardless of the variable used. Has anyone else rain into this or a similar error?

15 REPLIES 15
arneschram
Frequent Visitor

Same problem here.

Windows 10, .NET 4.8, Power BI feb 2020.

Any ideas?

Regards Arne Schram

1. Can you try to double check the .Net version? I follow https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/framework/migration-guide/how-to-determine-which-versions-ar... and do (Ctrl +X, A) to open PowerShell and copy ` (Get-ItemProperty "HKLM:SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v4\Full").Release`, I got 528040, matches .Net 4.8.https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/framework/migration-guide/how-to-determine-which-versions-ar...

2. Open Assembly Binding Log Viewer in Windows by typing "fuslogvw" in Win Search,  https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/framework/tools/fuslogvw-exe-assembly-binding-log-viewer

Delete all (clean), then open the PowerBI  influencer visual,  after that, click Refresh button in fuslogvw viewer, you should see missing dlls.

fuslogvw.PNG

Thanks for your reply

My .Net version is 0x00080ea8 (528040)

Fuslogvw (started via Visual Studio 2019 Developer Command Prompt v16.3.4 as admin) was and remains (Power BI started as admin) empty.

Perhaps important: Adding a categorie in Analyze seems to work, No fields in "Explain by" is returned. After adding a field in "Explain by" the error occures.

Have you hit refresh button in fuslogvw after you open powerbi and go to key influencer visual ? I mean, open fuslogvw, then open PowerBI, and drag some fields to key influencer visual.

Also, can you elaborate more?  - " Adding a categorie in Analyze seems to work, No fields in "Explain by" is returned. After adding a field in "Explain by" the error occures."

You mean you change from numerical fields to categorical fields in Analyze and it fixed the AI.SAMPLESTRATIFIED cannot be resolved issue? The AI.SAMPLESTRATEFIED seems a dll loading issue and should be consistent no matter what specified in Analyze and Explain By. We need at least one field in both Analyze and Explain By to trigger the AI calculation.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same issue! It works fine on my colleague's desktop even though we have all the same settings/versions...

danneelss
Regular Visitor

Same issue here. I tried with a lot of different types of data and datasources, but always receive the same error message.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Has there been a resolution for this? I have the same error.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Still the same error in May 2019 PBI Desktop update. Can MS provide any official answer?

Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Agreed. For detail, my error is with version 2.67.5404.801 64-bit (March, 2019).

You need to have a recent copy of the .Net framework on your machine for this visual to work. (I think either 4.7 or maybe 4.8) If you are on Win 10 you should already have this, but for Win 7 you may need to install this manually. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, works now!
Dejan Sarka

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Have the latest Power BI July version, installed .NET Framework 4.8 too, still not working, any ideas?

thanks,

<pi>Query (20, 3) Failed to resolve name 'AI.SAMPLESTRATIFIED'. It is not a valid table, variable, or function name.</pi>

Anonymous
Not applicable

I recieve the same error when trying to use the Key Influencer visual. Unfortunately I am not able to provide any data but I get the error regardless of which fields I pull in.

Here is a screenshot:

Key Influencer Error.PNG

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Anonymous ,

I can use my table on key influencer visual without any issue. What fields you used on this visual ? Can you please share some detail information and same data to help us clarify this?

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi!

I am getting the same error, and since there was a question about the data: I tried with the AdventureWorksDW2017 database, the dbo.vTargetMail view.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.