Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Keeps Counting Dates

Hello,

I am trying to make a line graph where the X axis is the week # such as week 42, and the Y axis is a date. My data is shown below. However when I go to plot the graph it keeps "counting" the dates so that the graph only shows one flat horizontal line. I have the data categorized as a "date", and have it set to "dont summarize". Can anyone help me figure out how to have it plot each date individually instead of one counted line?

WeekLong Pole Date
4012/11/2019
411/12/2020
421/30/2020
431/30/2020
441/10/2020
451/10/2020
5 REPLIES 5
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Anonymous,

For common chart visuals, they are used to show the aggregate value graphs based on specific category/axis fields.

Currently, you can't ignore the aggregate on the chart even if you setting value fields to 'do not aggregate'. (they will be aggregated with count/first/last mode) 

I'd like to suggest you use table visual(it allow to display information) or use R visual to manually plot chart.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Other than table matrix all other visuals will summarize the data. In Table visual, because your week is different for the same date it will work.

Anonymous
Not applicable

So I need to convert the data set to a table?

All visual data will be grouped to Date. Apart from table visuals. The table visual will also group it, but only because it has two week values for the date and uses do not summarize in the week, you can get two rows. Note that the single row will not be repeated even in the visual table

In all the visuals data will group on Date. Other than table visuals. Table visual will also group it, but just because you have two values of the week for date and you use do not summarize on the week, you will be able to get two rows. Please note unique row will not repeat even in table visual

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.