Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jprdynamicapps
Helper IV
Helper IV

Keeping filters when switching between matrix visuals with bookmark (with "data" unchecked)

I have two matrix visuals.  One has rows as Color then Size, and the other has Size then Color.  The purpose is to give the user the ability to group either way.  I use bookmarks to switch visibility between the two.  I have unchecked "data" for each bookmark and expected that selecting a row in one matrix would result in the same row being highlighted after switching to the other bookmark, but this doesn't work (nothing is selected after switching).

Should this be working?  Am I doing something wrong?  Does it have to do with the selection being a combination of color and size?

Thanks

John

4 REPLIES 4
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Put one object under the other and let the new one cover the old one. This way you will keep the filter and you will be able to see the new object filtered by the previous one. To use both and not lose the filter below you must use the CTRL key to be able to have both filtered at the same time 😉

jprdynamicapps
Helper IV
Helper IV

The issue with this was not directly related to bookmarks.

If you make a visual not visible, any highlighting or cross-filtering from it is cleared.

I was doing that with the bookmark.

I don't have a workaround yet for swapping visibility between two visuals while keeping cross-filter, though I'm pretty sure I saw an MX example where that was working.

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Yeah, because it is 2 visuals that won't work. I do not know a way around it.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Greg,

Can you explain what you mean about it being because it's two visuals?

If a bookmark isn't involved, the cross-filtering works fine.

I'm guessing it's that cross-filtering gets cleared upon using a bookmark even if "data" is unchecked, but I'm not sure about that.

Anyone?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.