Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

thmonte
Helper IV
Helper IV

Keeping date filter current in published report

Does anyone know if its possible thru settings somewhere to always have the date filter set to the current day?  Alot of the people I have shared the report with would like to just pull up the report and view todays current information with the option to go to other dates if needed.

5 REPLIES 5
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. You should add a relative filter using the date column. Then you can filter by "This Day".

Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

How would this help in my scenario?

I want to continue to be able to search over a range of dates but have that one filter always be defaulted to the current day upon opening.

If I was to make a "Today" dax expression Id lose the ability of selecting other specific days?

Add two visualizations of date filters. One with relative on "This Day"  and another with the way you want to filter. When you start the page you can select de erarser and remove the "This Day Filter" and start with the other.

Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

This is more of a work around than a solution IMO

Hi @thmonte,

That is the solution. Because if you'd like to choose other days, you have to stop "keeping". Right? But you don't need to remove the slicer or the filters. Just clear the effect of that filter. Maybe the Page Level Filter or Report Level Filter could be better.

Keeping_date_filter_current_in_published_report

Best Regards,
Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.