Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

frano72
Helper IV
Helper IV

Keeping config the same between pbix files ?

Hi,

I'm at a point in report development where i need to fork essentially the same report into two pbix files due to the nature of timezone issues and shift rosters for two corners of the world.

I am now faced with keeping changes in visualisations made in one the same in the other.

Are there any tools or processes that aids this task ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

5 REPLIES 5
frano72
Helper IV
Helper IV

Hi @amitchandak - perhaps...not sure.

i have a calendar table in a dataflow that is synched once per day.  It has PQ steps to find what date today is in Brisbane QLD and calculate a day offset column.  I use that day offset column in report page filters to restrict to -1 ie the last day from current.  As reporting is on the last shift completed which is yesterday.  

The issue is that this same report also has data from US in it.  when the DF runs it hasn't ticked over to the next day in the US yet so the offset of -1 doesn't work (it is -2 from the brisbane DF perspective)

so simplest is to have two calendar tables - one for US and one for AU.  was thinking separate pbix files.  could put them in the same one - but that creates issues in changing columns over in visuals/measures.  maybe could parameterise the dataflow component ?  

...so have a way of switching the Calendar table/query in Pbi Desktop from the AU DF to the US DF so at least can work on a master pbix file and then just a couple of comments/uncomments and republish.

even better would be a parameter that i can just swap between AU and US.  Pseudo code is a simple if statement...but i'm white belt on PQ and can't seem to do a simple if statement....

2021-10-14_17-32-28.jpg

Hi,  @frano72 

Have you tried  to add a parameter in the M function in your table query?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

@v-easonf-msft - i posted also in power query forum and it was solved over there.

Solved: Re: if statement to swap workspaceid's/dataflowid'... - Microsoft Power BI Community

thanks !

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@frano72 , Can you not maintain timezone using Power Query Parameter?

Just publish by changing it?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.