Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

antonioaceituno
Frequent Visitor

Keep same colours for a chart

Hi,

I have a problem, as I have a pie chart, that depending on the date I select, the categories shown varies (not all the dates have the same categories). ie:

January --> Categories: A, B, C

Feb --> Categories A, C, D

March--> Categories A,B

April --> Categories B, C, E

The sample of categories could be from A to G for example. 

When I select January, I would get A (color blue), B(color red) and C(Color green), but when I change to another date, imagine February, as there are new categories, all the color changes, so the criteria is not kept. 

Is there any way to define all the samples with a colour, and each categorie adopts always the same one, no matter the date you select?

Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
wjkoppel1

I have the same question, anybody knows a way around this?

TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey,

this is strange, here you will find a little pbix file with some sample data, as you can see the color for the categories is not used:

image.png

How many distinct categories do you have, I'm not sure when Power BI starts to reuse colors (I think it's between 8 - 12), maybe you can try to determine the color for each category by yourself using the formatting option for the Data colors.

Hopefully this gives you an idea

Kind regards

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.